Monday, August 1, 2016

Movies in Review: "Bad Moms"

The trailer for this movie didn't peak my interest whatsoever, especially with what appeared to be a mix-match cast. I admit I'm not the biggest fan of Mila Kunis's work, so seeing her in the lead role for this film turned me off easily. However, the rest of the cast I do love, but there was still something that did not want me to waste my time seeing it. Well something (timing) got me into this movie, and I'm surprised to say I walked out extremely pleased...

Ummmmmmm...can you say freaking hilarious. Admittedly, Kunis is still not my favorite, and was very unbelievable as a mother with middle-school aged children, but she still kind of did her thing. In my opinion it was her co-stars who really made Kunis not seem as bad, especially Kathryn Hahn. The other cast members were cool, but it wasn't for Hahn, this movie wouldn't have been half as funny as it was. I also enjoyed Applegate who cracked me up with that high-post attitude...loved it. Pinkett was there giving all types of face and instigative remarks. Her role was small but she owned her scenes with those faces...lol. I enjoyed the story, it was cute, but the humor made this movie everything. 


I wasn't expecting myself to laugh that much, but found myself laughing so hard I was in tears. You might contribute a lot of this to being a mother and being able to relate to the content in the film. It was fun to see that we all in some way are going through the same ish. This is definitely a movie for mothers, and even fathers because there were a few men in my theater who were having great belly laughs...lol. If you are in need of a good laugh, or a great movie to see with your mother, this is a good one to check out...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment