Monday, August 22, 2016

Movies in Review: "War Dogs"

When I watched the trailer for this film, I honestly didn't find the story-line appealing, a true story about 2 gun runners??? Ummmmmm...ok. I really can't see why this story needed to be told, but ok. The only thing that got me into the theater is Jonah Hill and Miles Teller. I enjoy both these young actors and it's unlikely that I would pass up a film each were featured in. I was expecting to be entertained, and at the same time angry at the story. I was correct on both...

I found most of my entertainment with Jonah Hill's performance. He was definitely outstanding as Efraim. Had he not been cast in this role I can't say this movie would have been half as good as it was, and the film wasn't great. Just as I thought, the story pissed me off. Everything is ALWAYS about money. The things people are allowed to get away with, such as starting wars, just to make money is ridiculous...smh. The performances were good, but I honestly didn't find anything spectacular about these two men to require a movie based on their time as gun runners ~shrugs. I thought the movie ran way longer than it needed too, and the girlfriend of Miles Teller's character was so whiny, all her scenes put me on the verge of a headache...annoying.


There were a number of things that irritated the mess out of me in this film, but there was still enough entertainment value in both Hill and Teller to keep me seated and not running out of the theater. I'm sure this movie will be more entertaining to most of you than it was for me. The story kind of rubbed me the wrong way, so I was unable to enjoy it as much as I should have. In my opinion this movie is decent, nothing spectacular, but decent...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment