Monday, August 29, 2016

Movies in Review: "Don't Breathe"

Ok soooooooo...we know I'm not one for a horror flick. I often find them to be filled with weak stories and obligatory weak scare tactics ~shrugs. However there a few films in this genre that can catch my interest and drive me into the theater...this happened to be one of them. I really dug the trailer, and I'm also a fan of the young actor Dylan Minnette. I dislike being scared, but I also find it kind of fun and thrilling. I was hoping this movie would live up to this standard. I'm a little surprised to say this, but oh my...this movie was everything.

There was little about this film that I didn't enjoy. I enjoyed the story, direction and performances by the cast. The movie moved well and kept you on the edge of your seat. My only issue was maybe in the 1st scene when the character "Rocky" did the dumbest thing ever, making it easy for him and his crew to be found, if that was what the movie focused on, but it didn't...so I guess it wasn't really a big deal ~shrugs.

This is definitely a horror thriller that horrifies and thrills. There were so many elements in this movie that will have you shaking in your pants. Every move, breathe will have you on the edge of your seat, or jumping out of it. I was scared shitless...seriously. By the time the movie was over my heart was racing 100 miles a minute. There is never a dull moment in this film, and more than enough "OMG" moments...such a thrill.


This is definitely a winner. This movie is filled with real horror, not gag thrills. The story makes sense and characters are great. It will be a jolt to your system all the way to credits end. This movie still has me shook...lol...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment