Monday, August 15, 2016

Movies in Review: "Hell or High Water"

There really wasn't much I had any interest in seeing this weekend except Sausage Party, but I felt like I needed to see more than one movie for the sake of this blog ~shrugs. In my research I came across the trailer for this film, whose trailer I had seen in the theaters. The trailer wasn't exceptional, but still sparked some interest. I loved the cast, and I enjoy a good heist crime film. I had little expectations, and was really going just to be going ~shrugs.

This movie wasn't full of excitement and gun play, instead packed with noteworthy performances and a strong story. Although I found this movie to be a bit slow at times, I found its strengths in the characteristics of a film that are most important to me. The characters were well developed and performances executed brilliantly. My favorite characters were the 2 Texas Rangers played by Jeff Bridges and Gil Birmingham. Their union made for a very humorous combination that made more interesting to watch. The combination of the two brothers played by Chris Pine and Ben Foster had the same effect. As "simple" as the film seemed, its execution was what set it apart from other films like it. It focused on the characters and story, and not over the top action scenes, which worked well.


If you can appreciate a good story and can deal with a slow paced film, then this is for you. This film was very well executed and had everything good going for it...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment