Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Movies in Review: "Suicide Squad"

The trailer for Suicide Squad didn't appeal to me as much as the theatrical art and movie posters did. I found those to be fun and exciting. The trailer for me was blah, but I did have interest in seeing this star studded cast in action, especially Jared Leto as The Joker. DC Comics doesn't really make the best films, but I was thinking with this cast, they should be able to knock this out of the park, and erase all memories of that Batman v. Superman catastrophe...

You ever watch a movie so disappointing, you don't even want to talk about it? This was one of those movies that had me on the verge of not writing this review...smh. What will it take for DC Comics to get something right...smh? As great as this cast was, there was nothing they could do to save the plot of this film. This movie had so many issues, including the way it was directed. It was very choppy and went from 0 to 100 in 20min. The storyline was so awful I wanted to punch somebody. But as bad as this movie was, I did find enjoyment in many of the performances, especially Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn (she nailed it), and Jared Leto as The Joker. Harley got plenty of screen time, but I did wish The Joker had a more relevant role in the plot. I'd love to see a movie with just these two characters. Will Smith did his thing as Deadshot, although there was nothing overly spectacular about his performance. It was just decent. I wasn't a fan of the actor who played El Diablo. He was a whiner, and the special effects used for his character were juvenile at best.

There was nothing at all riveting or special about this film, except for Quinn and the Joker. This movie had the potential to be great, but a weak plot and horrible directing failed this exceptional cast miserably. The feelings you had towards Batman v. Superman will likely carry on to this film. I would save my money and wait until Netflix, Redbox, or cable TV...C-

No comments:

Post a Comment