Monday, August 1, 2016

Movies in Review: "Nerve"

I enjoyed the trailer for this film. Seriously a truth or dare game being played out in real life for real money!? That's crazy, although I seriously think this stuff has to be happening in real life. Some of you had to have watched this movie and thought "We" do a lot of dumb ish, and wonder if it was this game...lol. The cast was fitting, and the premise of the film had me intrigued, this was definitely on my watch list. Not that I was expecting it to be great. I was interested to see how it played out and honestly expected it to fail ~shrugs

First and foremost, it's a teeny bopper movie. A bunch of young kids doing dumb ish, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't still fun to watch. I enjoyed the humor, mostly because it didn't feel forced. I loved the cast. Casting Machine Gun Kelly as Ty was a great choice. That dude was crazy in this film. I found the tasks in the game to be exhilarating. Some of the dares had me on the edge of my seat. I enjoyed the back story and the message it was trying to send to viewers at the end ex. "You are an accessory to murder". The attachment we have to our phones and viewership to other people's demise is so real its crazy...smh.


I really enjoyed this one. I thought it was fun, humorous, interesting. I really don't know what else to say because I know to some this may not be your cup of tea. For me, all I could think was are we really heading to this. This is a game that could be in the near future, or possibly happening now, and that has me scared...lol...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment