Monday, July 18, 2016

Movies in Review: "Ghostbusters"

Ok so I know this movie has been catching flak from audiences who are not pleased with this film being rebooted with an all-female cast. To those people I'd like to give you "the finger"...ijs. The females being cast as the new Ghostbusters made me smile, however the trailer for the movie almost cause me to pass this one by. Honestly one of the worst trailers I've ever seen for a blockbuster film. I was going to see this film just to support the women cast in it, but hoping that the film would prove to be more appetizing than the trailer was...

This movie was entertaining, and corny as hell, which is what it's supposed to be right? It started off a little slow for me, with the jokes falling a little flat, but things slowly picked up and the movie found its groove. I loved McCarthy the most, she was hysterical. I enjoyed the other ghostbuster casts, with Kate McKinnon as "Holtzmann" being my least favorite. It took a minute for me to get use to her. She was coming off as the one that didn't belong, but started to fit in towards the end. Honestly, the girls seemed like a bunch of oddball cast mates that took a minute to gel together, but once they did, it was magic. As odd as it seemed to me in the trailer, Chris Hemsworth was a really nice comedic addition to the cast. I enjoyed him way more than I thought I would. I also enjoyed the cameos from the original cast members. It gave the film some backbone, and support.


The film was definitely more entertaining and fun than that awful trailer. Some kinks had to be ironed out in the beginning, but by the end it was smooth sailing. It was a fun adventure, and I laughed way more than I had expected too. I enjoyed this reboot and would definitely be on board to see a sequel...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment