Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Movies in Review: "X-Men: Days of Future Past"

What! A new X-men movie!? I was too excited when I saw the theatrical poster for this movie. However when I watched the trailer my excitement turned to confusion. There were a number of questions that arose in my head after seeing the trailer. Questions I thought this movie could never answer...hmmmmmm. Although I was looking forward to see another X-Men movie, I went into the theater thinking this one would ruin the franchise. Hot Damn!!! I was wrong! Yay!...lol

Ummmmmm...where do I start with this movie, because it kicked off with a bang from the start. Wholly Cow!!! The opening scene with the Sentinels! I was about to lose my Sh%t...seriously. I watched this movie on the regular screen, but I definitely think the action sequences in this movie are well worth the upgrade for better viewing. I can't with these Sentinels...wow! From the beginning the story moves along at a great pace and answering all my concerns I had when I watched the trailer.

I need to pause for a minute and give a shout out to Hugh Jackman...ladies can I get an AMEN!...ummmmm...yeah. I know some of you men were sitting next to your women feeling ashamed as she stared and drooled at the screen...Ha! I'd also like to give a shout out to Michael Fassbender. I've never seen a hat and a pair of sunglasses look so damn good! (fanning myself...wooooo!) Ok...I'm done...back to the review...

There are some amazing new mutants who had the chance to shine in this movie. My favorites were Blink (who can create portals) and Quicksilver (who can move at superhuman speed). There is a kitchen scene with Quicksilver that will knock your socks off. My mouth stayed open in amazement. That scene was shot so beautifully I couldn't stand it. When the movie reaches its last scene I was too through.

Saying I loved this movie is definitely an understatement. The franchise outdid itself with this one. This one gets a standing ovation from me. I may be giving this movie more credit than you think it deserves, but one thing is for sure, this is one you need to see...A+!

No comments:

Post a Comment