Monday, June 2, 2014

Movies in Review: "Maleficent"

I have to give props to the marketing people behind this film. It's not like there was a great deal done to market this movie, when compared to marketing efforts for "The Amazing Spiderman" and others, but there was enough done to grab and keep one's interest without being overbearing and obnoxious. I saw the theatrical trailer for this movie first, and was immediately intrigued. Soon after I watched the trailer, and quickly put it on my must-see list. I am not the biggest fan of fairytale's being made into movie productions, as many have failed to impress me, but I felt like this one would please me.

I don't think they could have done a better job casting anyone but Jolie in the part of Maleficent. She WAS Maleficent. Damn Jolie gives a mean stare!...lol. I don't think Jolie is an incredible actress, but when you get a part that works for you, exceptional acting is not needed. I was in awe of Maleficent. I thought they also did a great job with the story. Writing, visuals, costumes, were all done very well. There were slight quirks in the story that bothered me a little, but not enough to ruin my experience. There are some very cute characters and extraordinary visuals. I watched this movie on the regular screen, but I do wish I would have upgraded to IMAX or 3D. You may want to consider paying a little extra, I think it's worth it.

I got way more than I expected from this movie. Yes I expected to like it, but I did not expect that it would keep me so interested. This was another delightful movie to watch, visually and emotionally entertaining. I think the family will enjoy...A-!

No comments:

Post a Comment