Monday, May 19, 2014

Movies in Review: "Godzilla"

As much marketing and hype as this movie had behind it, I still fall in line with the people who still had no interest in seeing this movie. I'm sorry, but Godzilla has never done it for me. I have never watched any of the older movies, and never had a bit of interest, and I couldn't understand why everyone was so pressed to see this reboot. Do you know I was this close to skipping this one. But I purchased my ticket, and by the time I left the theater I was like..."Ooooohhhh I get it"...lol

Not everything was great about the movie. It started off at a good pace, with an introduction into the story...I was interested. It took a while before Godzilla even hit the screen, and I got a little confused because I was like what the hell are these other creatures...lol. But I soon got back on track. I definitely enjoyed the graphics, but it was the story that was a little lack-luster. As much as I try to give Elizabeth Olsen a fair chance, her acting style does not do it for me. She started out fine, but as always teetered into over-acting...smh. There is one scene where she is giving too much "Omg Eyes". Just to explain "Omg Eyes" are when characters are looking at something, with no words being spoken you can tell that they are thinking O.M.G! This movie was packed full of Omg Eyes...a little too much for my taste...smh. The best parts of the movie were the creatures. Nothing about the human characters made me care, except for Joe Brody and his wife.

Ok but let me explain my reaction when Godzilla came out of the water and let out his first scream...O.M.G!!! My mouth and eyes shot wide open, and I gripped my seat. Wholly Molly!!! Godzilla was amazing!!!! They did such a great job with him. In all the movies I have seen with big monsters, Godzilla is by far one of the best. I wish he had more screen time, but every scene he was in had me amazed. Did u see him spit that fire! #ICant. I am definitely a fan now. I need more Godzilla in my life...lol.

I watched this movie in RPX, and I think this movie deserves nothing but IMAX & RPX. It is the only way to truly get the full effects of this film, and it's worth it. The men and boys in your family are going to love it, this is their type of movie. Women who can appreciate big monsters, and awesome graphics will enjoy themselves too. The story had me dozing a bit, but the monsters were on point enough for me to still enjoy myself...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment