Monday, May 12, 2014

Movies in Review: "Neighbors"

I have been looking forward to seeing this movie for months now. Why? It's strange because I'm not a huge fan of Rogen, and I almost hate Efron in any movie he is in, but for some reason the trailer still caught my interest. It felt like this movie was going to be funny. Truth be told, Rogen can come through with good comedy...most times. I was hoping this would be one of those times.

I am happy to say that I did laugh...a lot. But most of my laughing had nothing to do with Efron, although he didn't annoy me in this movie, and Rogen was good enough to have me chuckling. The most interesting characters to me were the one's outside of Rogen and Efron. Dave Franco and Rose Byrne were definitely the stars of this film. The play the background to Rogen and Efron, but really steal the show and make the movie better than what it's suppose to be. I also enjoyed the black actor in the Fraternity, he has a very small role, but packs a strong comedic punch. And don't get me started on the baby they cast for this movie. They couldn't have picked a better kid. She added pure comedy to every scene she was shot it. The story lingered on comedy nonsense, but the story turned out to be entertaining enough.

If you're not expecting too much, you will walk out of the theater enjoying the humor. I had a good laugh, but if you are looking for more than that, this may not be the movie for you. If you're ok with comedic entertainment for the sake of comedic entertainment (whatever that means) then I would recommend this one...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment