Monday, May 12, 2014

Movies in Review: "Mom's Night Out"

I'm sure most of you haven't heard about this movie. It really didn't have much advertising power going for it except for the fact that it was released Mother's Day weekend. I watched the trailer and had very little interest in seeing it. However I had a free movie ticket, so it was easy to use this ticket just so I could get into the theater for free...lol.

I got everything I expected from this movie...nothing. Although all the other mothers in the theater seemed to really enjoy themselves, this movie gave me a headache. It was like all the things mothers go through daily, but amplified by ten. Unfortunately it was a comedy, but I found very little of it to be funny. The story was crazy and may have some mothers screaming Wth! Sarah Drew lead the cast, but failed to lead in the right direction. She was too much of nothing great...Uuughhh. My favorite character was Patricia Heaton played Sandra, and Trace Adkins who played Bones. Unfortunately their stories were limited to a very over saturated cast. There were far too many characters, and the funniest ones had very limited role, ie the tatoo receptionist (loved him).

Overall I wouldn't waste the money trying to catch this in a theater when it should have been a made for TV movie, because that's what it felt like. I'm a mother, and I could relate to the story, but even I found everything to be a little overwhelming for a movie...D :(

No comments:

Post a Comment