Monday, March 17, 2014

Movies in Review: "The Single Moms Club"

Writing a review for a Tyler Perry movie isn't one of my favorite things to do. It has a lot to do with the fact that people either hate him, or they like him. There usually isn't an in between with his audience. I feel like my reviews come off a little bias because I am on the side that "likes" him. Don't get me wrong, I don't enjoy everything he releases, but I understand his writing style, and I do enjoy most of his characters and stories. So take my review for this movie however you'd like. For those of you who don't care for Perry's movies, believe me Perry is not expecting you to pay for a ticket, nor does he care, so please give the bashing a rest (insert rolling eyes)...Back to my review...

I have to first say that I think Perry's movies are improving. The production for his films don't look as cheap as his earlier movies, and are more entertaining to watch. His characters are better (for the most part). But Perry has his own style, which doesn't bother me. The characters are usually overdone and exaggerated, and the story is usually unbelievable because he tries to build a story that gives something that his audience can relate to. This movie was no different. Point blank whats happening in the movie is unbelievable, but the stories of each character I find myself relating to in someway, so the movie was entertaining to me. I loved each of the female characters, although the character Lytia could have used a volume. Nia Long's son does a decent job for his first film, although that crying scene needed work. I never want to see Tyler Perry kiss on screen again...awkward...smh. The story is cute, and fun to watch, but it is no secret that Perry knows his target audience, because he packs the movie with more than enough eyes candy. Yeah I was swooning...

This movie is definitely for the ladies. If you are a Tyler Perry fan then I think you will enjoy this one. If you are a single mother, I think you will enjoy this one. The movie lacked here and there, but it was still ok to watch...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment