Monday, March 3, 2014

Movies in Review: "The Lunchbox"

I saw no trailer for this movie, and actually I heard nothing about it until I read the paper on Friday morning and came across the ad for its theatrical poster. There was nothing special about the poster except that it had Irrfan Khan on it, the actor who played in Life of Pi (I like him). After then reading synopsis about film I decided to take my chances and go, especially since not too many of the new wide released movies interested me.

I love a good foreign film, and I am happy I decided to go see this one. It was really cute, and so simple. Who knew you could make such an interesting story from a lunchbox system and letters. It was fun to watch the characters evolve with each letter, and how each other's response helped them through their own personal situations. I looked forward to each lunch break. And although this is a romantic film, it also has great subtle comedy that will also keep you entertained. The conversations between Ila and her aunt, I found to be the most entertaining.

If you love foreign films, and subtitles do not bother you, I would definitely say give this a go. Although I did not find the ending to be satisfying, the rest of the film still made it worth seeing...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment