Monday, March 17, 2014

Movies in Review: "Bad Words"

Oh how I love me some Jason Bateman. He has always been one of my faves because he always does such a great job with his characters. With that being said, there was no way I was going to miss seeing Bad Words. When I watched the trailer I couldn't wait for it to be released. It looked like comical heaven, and I needed that. There was little doubt in my mind that I would be pleased with this movie...and I was.

I didn't know it was a black comedy, and you may not notice because the humor is on point. Black comedies can be great when the humor is done well, and this one was a success. Jason Bateman rules as a comedic actor. He hit his character Guy Tribly on the nail...hilarious. But Bateman didn't have to carry this movie on his own, his co-stars Kathryn Hahn and the young actor Rohan Chand were great additions to the story. Chand strongly held his own in every scene shot with Bateman. So much fun to watch.

I enjoyed this one, and would actually watch it again. The characters were on point, the story is decent, and the humor is excellent. Great movie for the adults who want something decent and funny to watch...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment