Monday, March 10, 2014

Movies in Review: "The Grand Budapest Hotel"

I thought this movie looked like so much fun when I watched the theatrical trailer. How cute was the scenery, and costumes. Not to mention a cast full of great entertainers. Honestly, my main reason for going to see this is because of Adrian Brody. I love me some Brody...lol

I'm trying to write this review, and I'm kind of at a loss on what to say about it. Did I like it? Yes it was cool, cute and entertaining. But maybe my expectations were too high, because I still left the theater a little empty. I don't know, it's weird because I didn't feel completely satisfied, although I did enjoy it. I thought the scenery and costumes were fun, and I loved the way the movie was shot. The characters were so entertaining, with Ralph Fiennes as the concierge being my favorite. The humor was well done, as well as the writing. Maybe I felt a little empty because Brody was so horrible...lol. That may be the reason. Brody annoyed the mess out of me, and all I kept thinking was, "I thought he was a better actor than this"...smh. Damn you Brody! Anywho...Brody is a personal problem, and I shall not let it affect my overall review.

This movie is visually entertaining, and fun. It kind of has that Abbot and Costello feel, at least for me anyway. You haven't seen a movie done like this in a while, which also gives it more of an edge. It's a cool date movie, or matinee. When you go to see it, just go in to have fun. Try not to over think it...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment