Monday, March 10, 2014

Movies in Review: "300 Rise of an Empire"

Booooooo!!! This is what I said when I first saw the movie poster and trailer for this movie. Really!? Your gonna wait this long to drop a sequel to a movie that was already solid? Why? Needless to say I was the least bit excited about this movie. I felt nothing good was going to come of this sequel...and I was right...

It's crazy I'm calling it a sequel, because it wasn't...kinda sorta. This part of the movie was actually supposed to be happening at the same time the original 300 went down...wth. That made no sense. I thought the movie was going to be more about King Xerxes, but unfortunately it wasn't, and instead centered around and angry Greek woman named Artemisia. Her character was cool, but also weak at the same time. I will give this movie props because the opening scene had me visually entertained, but that soon fell. Unlike the original 300, there was no character development, or story to keep you interested or involved in the movie. It felt as if they tried to imitate the first movie, but failed miserably. There is nothing but sword slinging, and blood gushing to fill the emptiness of this movie. The fabulous visuals that opened the first scene quickly fell to corny CGI sequences...womp womp.

Did we really need Rise of an Empire? I think not. Now I need to see the original 300 just so I can get the thoughts of this catastrophe out of my head...D

No comments:

Post a Comment