Monday, March 31, 2014

Movies in Review: "Noah"

Tell me the trailer for this movie didn't look amazing. This is the first biblical film that has ever caught my interest...ever. I can't say what it was about this movie that drew me in, but this was the only movie I have looked forward to seeing all month. To add more pressure, I was expecting this movie to be great. I don't know what any of you expected, but mine were met.

I was really pleased with this movie...really pleased. For any film, you expect there to be some embellishments just for the sake of drama, action, story, so that never bothers me. I thought they did an excellent job with this one. The visuals were amazing. Although most times very dark and grey, it still remained visually appealing. Kudos to Russell Crowe who does an amazing job as Noah. There was nothing cheesy about his portrayal of Noah, which is what I was afraid of. I'm not the biggest fan of Jennifer Connelly, and I thought she would be a disappointing factor, but on the contrary, Connelly pulled off one of the best performances I have seen from her. I loved her in this movie. Emma Watson has washed away her Harry Potter image in this role, and shows she is one actress to be reckoned with. I could go on and on with each performance, because they were all excellent.

Noah is definitely one of the best films released so far this year. Writing, acting, directing, cinematography, costumes, were all on point. Any complaints I have are small, and not worth talking about. If you are looking for a good movie, this is one to see...A!

No comments:

Post a Comment