Monday, November 4, 2013

Movies in Review: "Free Birds"

Like any big kid at heart, I always look forward to seeing a fun animated movie. Although I opted to see Free Birds, I can't say that I was excited about my decision. The trailer provided nothing exciting that had me anticipating it's release. I think I was hoping it would be better than the marketing put behind it. Unfortunately...It wasn't...

This movie had so much missing from it, making it a total bore. There was very little amusing about this movie. Parts that were suppose to be funny, totally flopped. The opening scene with the ignorant turkeys wasn't funny at all, and you could tell there was comedy trying to be forced. Woody Harrelson's character Jake should have definitely been more amusing, but he also fell flat. There were some scenes that were fun to watch, but still felt like there was something missing.

The writing wasn't great and didn't appeal much to its audience. By the time the movie ended, not one child in the theater clapped. I'm not use to seeing that happen. It is clear from its weekend ticket sales I wasn't the only one who had little interest in seeing a movie about turkeys...smh. I was hoping to be surprised, and give this movie a decent grade, but this movie had me watching the back of my eyelids more than the action on the screen...C- :(

No comments:

Post a Comment