Monday, November 18, 2013

Movies in Review: "The Best Man Holiday"

The Best man is a classic movie that man of us have watched over and over. When the movie ended no one expected there to be a sequel right? When I first got word of a sequel brewing, I can't say that I was excited. I think I may have even been a little upset at the fact that they were planning to ruin a perfectly good movie by dropping this sequel. When I first saw the theatrical poster, it made me smile as that feeling of nostalgia came over. That smile turned into pure excitement when I watched the first theatrical trailer...OMG! Who didn't swoon when you saw Quentin, Harper, Lance and Julian doing the New Edition routine...Wooohooo! Yeah the movie trailer was a winner, and I was crossing my fingers in hopes that the movie would be the same.

The best movie so far this season in this category. I have never in my life been so excited and overjoyed with a movie. It has been 14yrs since we have seen this gang, but not a beat was missed. I loved how everyone progressed in life so naturally, as opposed to superficially. All with families now, and going through their own personal hardships. I swear to you the first 45min of the movie I laughed out loud at every scene. It will warm your heart to see what their friendships endure and overcome, and will remind you of your own relationships ~tear~. I love them all, but I am definitely #TeamQuentin all the way. Terrance Howard isn't my favorite actor, but when he finds a role that fits him, he is magic. Morris Chestnut has never looked better, and he put smiles on the faces of  every woman in the audience. #Yum. The leading ladies were all beautiful and aged perfectly. If I had to be stupid and picky about something, it would be that one of Sanaa Lathan's boobs was always way bigger than the other when she was shot laying down...Come on, I know I'm not the only one who noticed...lol.

Everyone warned me about the tears that was shed during this movie, so everyone in the audience came prepare. There were women literally passing tissue down the aisles...hilarious. I was ready, so I thought I had my tears under control. Nope...I didn't. The scene with Lance got me and tore me to pieces...Uuuughhhh. What an emotional roller coaster...

I can't give this movie enough praise. I didn't think they could make a sequel comparable to the first, but they did. If you loved the original, this one can't be missed. Go as a group, go by yourself, just go...A+!


No comments:

Post a Comment