Monday, November 11, 2013

Movies in Review: "Thor: The Dark World"

I have to admit that Thor is by far my favorite movie superhero, and I'm not ashamed to admit that it has a lot to do with the fact that Chris Hemsworth is so damn fine! Come on...you know I had to get that off my chest first. And let's be honest fellas, the only reason your girl went to see this film with you was she could indulge in her secret love affair with Thor...lol..ijs. But anyway...back to my review...eh hem...

The movie started out a bit weird and slow. We get introduced to Dark Elves, Thor was at war, and there were random scenes of Jane. To be very honest, the movie didn't really start getting good until Loki came into the picture. I have a secret crush on Loki, he is like the best villain you love to hate ever.

The story finally gets going on a nice pace, with decent action, and some great humor. The humor was my favorite piece in the movie. The character Darcy was on a sugar rush, but she was still funny as hell and fun to watch. I enjoyed her the most. The storyline of the Aether and Jane foster wasn't as tight as it could have been, but it didn't cause the movie to totally unravel.

This movie is uber entertaining, and will be enjoyed until the end. Of course you know you have to stay until the credits stop rolling because you know there is a hint for Thor 3...Yay! This wasn't as good as the first, especially visually, and could have used a few more shirtless shots of Thor, but it was still pretty good...B+!

No comments:

Post a Comment