Monday, November 4, 2013

Movies in Review: "Last Vegas"

OMG! Freeman, De Niro & Douglas all in the same movie...What!!! Excuse my excitement, but When I first saw the theatrical poster for this movie, I thought it was a joke, but I couldn't take my eyes off the poster. All I kept thinking was that as much as I love all these actors, having them in a movie together would likely prove to be an epic fail...boy was I wrong...

There have been a number of mixed reviews on this one, so I walked in the theater not expecting much, but left with a huge smile on my face. This movie was so much fun to watch. The comedy was on point, and each character delivered. I was surprised at how effortless these actors meshed together. The really seemed like a group of old friends. Diana and Sam played by Kevin Kline were my favorite characters. Diana played by Mary Steenburgen was the wild card that brought the movie together and gave it added spark. Kudos to the writers for adding Michael Ealy, and Romany Malco to the mix. It was nice to have some young eye candy pop up on the screen :).

All I can say is that the audience I viewed it with was laughing throughout, and clapping by the end of the movie. This is the perfect date night movie, or just a fun movie to watch if you're in the mood to catch a flick...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment