Monday, August 26, 2013

Movies in Review: "The World's End"

I had no interest in seeing any of the new movie releases this weekend, and it seems no one else did either...lol. In an effort to stay consistent for my weekly viewers I decided just to the one I felt was the most deserving of wasting 2hrs of my precious time. I had no wish to spend my money to watch people in masks chase a family around their home killing them off one by one ("Your Next"), and a teenage flick based off a book wasn't going to get my money ("The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones"), so The World's End it is...

I like Simon Pegg, which is the reason I even chose this movie to see. The trailer looked like straight nonsense, so believe me, I wasn't expecting much. I was just hoping this movie would be entertaining enough to keep me from walking out of the theater...luckily it was. Simon Pegg, as I expected, was the most entertaining out of the cast, although the whole cast was enjoyable. The comedy was cool, I just couldn't get on board with the nonsense in the story. But I guess this is what should be expected from this trilogy, which is the reason I never saw any of the two previous movies. If you are a fan of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, then I think this will fit right in line with your entertainment expectations. I however am not the biggest fan.

Please take my judgments of this movie lightly as I am not a fan of silly entertainment, with wacky story lines, horrible costumes, and production for the sake of a laugh. The movie was Ok, but nothing I would spend my money on...D

No comments:

Post a Comment