Sunday, August 4, 2013

Movies in Review: "2 Guns"

Was I the only one who thought that Wahlberg and Washington looked like a strange pair. But somehow as strange as it initially looked, it looked like it worked. I haven't been the happiest with the movies Wahlberg has starred in lately, but the trailer for this film had my complete interest.

I can't even begin to explain how surprisingly pleased I was with this movie. The storyline wasn't the strongest, but the performance of Washington and Wahlberg trumps what the story lacked. These two were the perfect pair and I wish this was a mini series instead of a movie. That's how bad I want to see them in action together. They were so natural with each other that the comedy in the film was effortless. The action was decent, but the chemistry between Washington and Wahlberg is what you will enjoy most.

I enjoyed almost every performance in this movie except the performance from Paula Patton...smh. I usually have no objections with her acting, but it looked like she overdosed on a drama pill. Her performance was way too dramatic for the scenes she was in. I thought it was a joke at first, and found myself wondering if she was going to act like this through the whole movie...unfortunately she did. Luckily her scenes were minimal...

This is a movie I think most people will love and enjoy. In my opinion this is one of the best action comedy films I have seen in a while. I am hoping and praying that there will be a follow-up for this movie soon...A-

No comments:

Post a Comment