Monday, August 19, 2013

Movies in Review: "Kick-Ass 2"

I know I'm not the only one who found it surprising that the first Kick-Ass film was so good. But as much as I enjoyed the first, I can't say I was interested in seeing a sequel. Was a sequel really necessary? The characters from the original were great. However the new characters I saw introduced in the trailer, Jim Carrey, didn't look as interesting. I already knew going into the theatre I would come out happy...and I was right.

This sequel tried way to hard to be something, which was one thing the first movie didn't have to do. The first movie just worked. This sequel has way too many new characters that have no appeal, except for Jim Carrey, I actually liked him. This movie also had too many sub-plots that only took away from the focus of the movie. They should have cut the cheerleader segment out of the movie...nonsense. And what was the point of having Christopher Mintz character meet with his uncle in prison?

This movie also tried to hard to be funny. Did anyone find Christopher Mintz's new villain name to be funny? Did anyone find his racial jokes humorous? The writing and direction were so awful for this movie. Even the action sequences looked like something a 5yr old choreographed...smh.

If you enjoyed the first Kick-Ass don't go into this one expecting the same thing. This movie was entertaining, but also way too corny for me to stomach...C-

No comments:

Post a Comment