Monday, August 19, 2013

Movies in Review: "Lee Daniels The Butler"

The trailer for this film sent chills through my body when I first saw it. The story and characters looked so captivating I couldn't wait until this one hit the big screen. Since "Precious" I have become a fan of Daniels, so I must admit I had high expectations for this one...and each and everyone was met...

This movie will touch every emotion in your body. Get ready to be sent on a spectacular emotional roller coaster as you follow the life of Cecil Gaines, played wonderfully by Forest Whitaker. This film was directed perfectly. I enjoyed that Daniels put in life clips of what was really going on during that time to make you feel what was happening with Gaines and his family. I thought Whitaker looked a little aged during the earlier scenes, but his performance is so strong you won't notice. Oprah Winfrey is no joke. I thought her performance as Sophia in The Color Purple was a fluke, but it's not, Oprah can act. I loved her as Gaines's wife. She owned every scene she was in. I have no complaints about any of the performances, because everyone was amazing and brought what was needed to this movie. Kudos to Cuba (so happy to see him back on the big screen) and Kravitz (he impresses me with every performance).

This movie will break your heart, you will be angered, and belt out a laugh. With a running time of 2+ hours, you won't find any of your time being wasted on this one. This isn't just a must see, this is a go see it now...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment