Monday, August 19, 2013

Movies in Review: "Jobs"

Not many people were interested in seeing this biographical film about the Apple Computer mogul Steve Jobs, and I think that had a lot to do with the fact that Ashton Kutcher was cast as the lead. I think I may be the only person in the world who doesn't dislike Kutcher's acting abilities. I think he does a decent job with comedic roles, and I was interested to see how he would tackle this drama.

Uuuugggghhhh...now I see why people dislike you Kutcher. Can I tell you that I almost fell asleep within the first 15min of this movie. This movie was so dry. I think they did a poor job of writing and directing this film. They tried to cram too much of everything about Jobs in 2hrs, and all it left me with was a undertold story and frustration.

Kutcher may have captured Jobs look/appearance thanks to great make up, but he didn't really capture his essence. It looked as if Kutcher was imitating Jobs, instead of BEING Jobs. I wanted Kutcher to impress me so badly, but all I kept thinking is why does his walk look so forced...smh
If you are interested in seeing the story of Jobs, I can save you money and sum it up for you right here...Job's was a genious a$$hole. At least that's what you will get from the movie when you leave the theatre. This movie isn't great so catch it in Redbox...C-

No comments:

Post a Comment