Monday, August 12, 2013

Movies in Review: "We're the Millers"

My apologies this weekend for not posting updates about this weekend's new releases for those of you who follow me on Instagram, Twitter and my Code Blue Movie Review facebook page. I returned from a much-needed vacation this weekend and got a late start on seeing the new releases. I didn't get a chance to see everything, but I did get to see We're the Millers. I can't say I was highly interested in this movie, but I love a good comedy, and Jason Sudeikis rarely fails me in this category. So I went into the theatre hoping for the best.

Let me first let you know that I missed the first 20min of the movie. Anyone who knows me knows that I was pissed I wasn't there early enough to get a hand-picked seat and catch the movie trailers...Uuuuugggghhhh!!! Ok I am over that now and will continue with my review...lol

It wasn't as funny as I hoped, but it had some hilarious scenes...if that makes sense. What I'm trying to say is that there were parts that were hilarious, but the other parts sometimes made the movie drag, or the punch-lines were missing their mark. Sudeikis was hilarious and so were his co-stars, well except for Emma Roberts who plays Casey. She added very little to any scene she was in, and the only funny punch-line she delivered was the one on the plane. Will Poulter, the young actor who plays Casey's brother was brilliant. Besides Sudeikis, he made this movie worth seeing...hilarious. Jennifer Aniston was the same Aniston. Not that I'm complaining, because it worked for the movie, but the fact that she seems to play the same type of characters has to be wreaking havoc on her career...ijs. She was a tripper in this movie, but she was still the same, if you know what I mean. But I will give her this...That Woman IS GORGEOUS!!! I wish I had half of what she had swinging on that pole. Aniston's body is crazy! #ThatIsAll

The movie could have used something to spark the scenes that felt empty, but the movie was still funny enough for you to go see it and get a laugh. Great date movie, good movie if you need a laugh...B+

No comments:

Post a Comment