Monday, September 3, 2012

Movies in Review: "For a Good Time Call..."

Well movie viewing was light this weekend, with the top movie only bringing in $17 million in ticket sales. Unfortunately for the people behind this raunchy comedy, they weren't fortunate enough to take in any more than $141,000 in its opening weekend. Yes you can definitely call this one an epic fail, but I am here to let you know if it was deserved...

Hmmmmmm...its hard to say, because I did laugh here and there. But there was something about this movie that did not have me attached, and I can't put my finger on it. Maybe there was just too many sexual innuendos that kept the story on one playing ground. Honestly there is such a thing as too much sex...I'm just saying. The movie had its funny moments, but some of the humor did fall flat. From what was presented in the trailer I was expecting a little more. I think the movie could have used more of Justin Long and Ari Graynor, they were the best parts about the movie in  my opinion.

All in all, the movie was just ok, but nothing spectacular. It's not a complete epic fail in my book. It's at least worth a rental. It had some decent funny moments, but may have went overboard with the sex...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment