Monday, September 10, 2012

Movies in Review: "The Words"

I had little interest in seeing this film from what was presented in the trailer. The story seemed to be transparent, and I'm not the biggest fan of Bradley Cooper. Skimming reviews, no one seemed to have anything great to say about it. The only reason this review is touching this blog is because it was one of the only major released films this weekend and I'm not going to leave you guys hangin with nothing.

Given the unsavory reviews of this film, I was expecting it to give me a sweet hour and a half nap, but I left the theatre with my eyes wide open and feeling ok about what I had seen. This movie has more of an Independent movie feel, with subtle nuances that create the story. I enjoyed it for the most part, especially since the story was more intricate than I had anticipated from the trailer. It was somewhat weird that it played out like a book in a book, and by the end I was left hanging out on a cliff instead of receiving actual closer. Unlike most people, I kind of enjoy when a movie messes with my head...lol. This could be half the reason I enjoyed it more than most. My only complaint was the storyline with Quaid and Wilde. I really could have used more clarity with that situation.

I found this to be a sweet short story that was subtly entertaining. If you are a fan of independent films, then you may find enjoyment in this movie than most...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment