Monday, September 17, 2012

Movies in Review: "Arbitrage"

Definition of Arbitrage: The simultaneous buying and selling of securities, currency, or commodities in different markets or in derivative forms in order to take advantage of differing prices for the same asset. Once you know the definition and see this film you will agree that it is perfectly titled. But don't think that this is the whole story, because this film is filled with so much more.

This movie was one of the best movies I have seen in a while. You forget how good it feels to see a well written, directed, and performed movie. Its like a breath of fresh air. The drama in this film was subtle, but still intense. Richard Gere is amazing, and looks edible. That is one sexy 60+ year old man. This has to be one of my favorite roles from him lately. He had such a strong presence, and brought so much to his character. Susan Sarandon's role was small, but great along with the rest of the cast. I was surprised to see Nate Parker in this film, but was also very pleased with his performance. I felt like this movie was strong all the way through.

I hope this movie hits a theatre near you. Im sure Im not the only one who has been disappointed with the films being released lately. Prepare yourself to feel good about your ticket purchase for this movie...A+

2 comments:

  1. Good review Taj. Gere is not my favorite actor, but he's good here and makes this character a whole lot more interesting than he had any right to be. I don't think it deserves an Oscar nomination, but it's nice to actually see a good performance from him while also trying something a bit darker with his act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. I agree that Gere definitely brought more to his character than what he had a right to be. This is why this is one of my favorite roles for him. He really shined in this one. Although I don't expect any Oscar Noms either, this movie was still exceptional.

    ReplyDelete