Monday, September 24, 2012

Movies in Review: "End of Watch"

I am a huge fan of Michael Pena, so there was no way I was going to miss this movie. I wish he would get more major roles because in my opinion his acting abilities are well deserving of it. Besides Pena, the trailer for this movie looked great. The trailer was enough to draw my interest, but by no means did I feel like I was given the entire story, and I needed to see how this ended.

I expected this movie to be decent, but it was way better than what I expected. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I liked how it was filmed. It really made you feel like you were watching real life LA PD officers on the job. This movie had humor that appealed to the audience, the story is gripping and will keep your interest throughout. Gyllenhaal and Pena were a match made in heaven. The chemistry between the cast looked natural and made for a great film. I have felt that a majority of this years movies have been somewhat disappointing, but believe me when I say...not this one.

I have not said this in a while, but this one is a must see. Like Training Day, this is one of those movies that will have you watching over and over. I can't wait to see it again...A!

No comments:

Post a Comment