Monday, May 14, 2012

Movies in Review: "Dark Shadows"

Love, Love, Love Johnny Depp to pieces. If his name is listed in the cast, I am there, no matter how unappetizing the trailer looks. Again Depp is playing another quirky character that has you wondering what he's all about. He plays these characters so well, and I found myself looking forward to seeing this movie for this reason alone. Not to mention Michelle Pfeiffer was his co-star, and was looking better than ever in the trailer.


Well the movie whose trailer let little to be desired was exactly that. Tim Burton did a nice job visually, but the story had no substance. I was honestly asking myself why the money was waisted for this release. As far as Depp, I was not disappointed. I guess he did the best he could with what was given. Barnabas Collins was actually a fun character, but he wasn't as interesting as an Edward Scissorhands (and I think that I may have been look for that). Although I liked Depp, I disliked Pfeiffer. As good as she looked she was stiff as a board and every line she spoke seemed scripted. She looked uncomfortable and out of place in a few scenes. Helena Bonham Carter was great as always, but I think it would have helped if she received more screen time, and Pfeiffer less. I thought Chloe Grace Moretz's character was over the top, but her hair was absolutely gorgeous.


All in all this movie was a major disappointment. It was weird, and had a number of scenes that left you hanging and wondering the purpose. If you're a Depp fan I still wouldn't recommend you waste your money to see this one...D

No comments:

Post a Comment