Sunday, December 25, 2011

Movies in Review: "The Adventures of TinTin"

I have to give Spielberg credit for directing a pretty decent animated film. I can't say the 3D features are worth the extra cash, but the story was pretty great. Its not a regular animated film, its performance capture. So some people may not like the fact that the animations have a real life look to them. Actually this featured annoyed me about the film when I watched the trailer. I honestly was not excited at all to view this film. But what I disliked in appearance, the movie made up for with performance and story.

This was a well written movie, and TinTin's adventure was interesting and a joy to watch. There really wasn't a dull moment as you followed TinTin as he and Captain Haddock solved their mystery. It was fun, humorous, but the look of the movie still caused me to get a little bored at times, and it didn't help that I went to see the movie late in the evening...lol. It's up to you on this one. Capture animation is not my thing, but it may be for you. If it is for you, then I think you will find the rest of it to be a joy also. TinTin was cool...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment