Monday, May 2, 2011

Tribeca Film Festival Event: Movies in Review: "Jesus Henry Christ"

So I had the opportunity and pleasure of being invited to a movie event at the Tribeca Film Festival. It was my first time being able to take part in the event, but definitely not my last. I had such a great time. The event was hosted by American Express. It was great and ran smoothly. There was all the food you could eat, drinks you could drink, and when the movie started, concession snacks were also provided. All attendees, including myself seemed to be very pleased.

The movie that premiered was "Jesus Henry Christ" written by Daniel Lee. It is a comedy, but I must say a comedy that's a little to the left, the comedy doesn't come straight at you. It starred the actress Colette, who is the start of that show "United States of Tara". I really enjoyed her performance as well as the other cast members. It was quirky...ummmmm a little off...but it worked. I can't say you'll be knocking down doors to see it, but if it does cross your path, you will appreciate it. I enjoyed it...B+

PS...there was no artwork that I could find for this movie, so the above pic is my glass of champagne and movies pass :)

No comments:

Post a Comment