Monday, May 9, 2011

Movies in Review: "Jumping the Broom"

I am happy to give this review, because this film was way better than what I thought it would be...it was actually really good. It puts all of Tyler Perry's movies to shame, and actually should have made more in the box office this weekend, but had the misfortune of being released the same weekend as "Thor".

I admit I thought the following people were going to ruin this film, Mike Epps, DeeRay Davis, and Tasha Smith, who all can be a little extra in films. But I'm happy to say that all was good. This was actually the best character I have seen Epps play. He was funny, and you believed him as Willie Earl. I was happy to see him in every scene he was in. It was great to see Romeo (with his fine self), but that kiss just looked awkward...lol. Paula Patton seemed like she was on a shot of expresso and red bull (you'll see what I'm talking about...smh. But everyone looked beautiful, and unlike Tyler Perry's films, it didn't look cheap.

The story was great, becasue you think you have it figured out, but then you get hit with an unexpected twist. So I liked that it wasn't too predictable. Loretta & Angela were fire! This movie is underrated and underlooked. I advise you go see it. It's fun, funny, and all around good time...A!

No comments:

Post a Comment