Monday, May 23, 2011

Movies in Review: "Midnight in Paris"

This film was written and directed by Woody Allen, which is enough to just turn me off...sorry but I'm just not a fan. I decided to see it because it was getting such great reviews, and I was sold once I saw that Kathy Bates and Rachel McAdams were starring in it...love them. Well the movie started off in true Woody Allen Style. The screen was black and credits were rolling, but you could hear Owen Wilson talking. This went on for about 1.5 min, meaning that I was already annoyed...smh. But then the film begins...

Owen Wilson is the starring character name "Gil". Eh...to me Wilson has no dimension to his acting ability. In all his films he seems to play the same guy, either a little hyper, or a little relaxed. This character was his relaxed one...but its still all the same. He's a writer who's in Paris and at midnight seems to go back in time to the 1920's, Gil's idea of the golden age. It seems that this film would be great for anyone interested in art history of this time period. As I am not, alot of this film just got lost in translation for me...smh. I really can't say the film was bad. Although Owen Wilson was, in my opinion anyway, but all the other actors were on point. It was cute, but if you don't have an interest in art and literature, this may not be for you...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment