Monday, April 25, 2011

Movies in Review: "Water for Elephants"

Well the good thing about this film is that I can now stop looking at Robert Pattinson as just a vampire. I was able to see that he is a much better actor than what those "Twilight" movies reveal. Although I did find his acting chops to be just a tad bit weak. He is just a little too soft, but I'm confident he will get better with time. He didn't own the scenes he was in, especially when he and Christopher Waltz were in a scene together. He seemed to fade in the background, but not totally fade away...ya know. He and Reese Witherspoon worked well together, although I didn't believe Reese as "Marlena". She didn't pull that character off  for me, but it doesn't ruin the movie. The film has a very solemn feel about it. Some of the most riveting parts came from the animals, especially "Rosie" the elephant...loved her. She actually made the movie a winner to me. If you go see it, I'm sure you will be feeling the same way. True animal lovers might cringe because Waltz's character has no heart when it comes to the 4 legged creatures...smh. All in all not a bad film, but for some reason I just feel ho-hum about it...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment