Sunday, October 7, 2018

Movies in Review: "A Star is Born"

This movie didn't need much to get me in the theaters to see it. All you had to say was Bradley Cooper and I am there. Then you add that this film is also Cooper's directorial debut, he stars in it and sings!? Chills when I watched the trailer. I'm sure when everyone watched the trailer all anyone saw was Lady Gaga, whose voice is absolutely amazing, but all I saw and heard was Cooper ~shrugs. I have been looking forward to this movie for months now, and it was the only thing I actually had any plans to see this weekend. This film has been remade a number of times, of which the previous films I have never seen. I was looking forward to what this one had to offer, and no one could tell me it wasn't going to be good.

Good? This is an understatement. This movie is phenomenal. Hats off to Bradley Cooper for putting his foot in this one, not only for his performance, but also co-writing and starring in this masterpiece. Cooper is a talented mofo and awe of his work. Kudos to Gaga because she definitely did her thing. She and Cooper had amazing chemistry. I was not ready for this movie to be as good as what it was. This movie did something to me I haven't had happen in years, and I kind love, and hate this movie for it. This movie is wonderfully cast, directed, and beautifully performed.

There aren't too many movies that are a pure delight to watch. This is a rare find, it hit all my senses. To say I loved this movie would be an understatement as chills run through my body as I write this review. Can I get an Oscar nod for Cooper's performance though...ijs...A+

No comments:

Post a Comment