Monday, October 1, 2018

Movies in Review: "Smallfoot"

I have been hyped about seeing this animated flick for a while now. Watching the trailer has been leaving me with a smile on my face for months now. With a talented voice-cast, I was really looking forward to seeing what this movie had to offer. My expectations for this film were set high, but there was nothing that had me thinking it would not be met...

This movie was cute and charming as expected, but that's about it. I laughed, and was entertained, but somehow still left the theater not completely satisfied with this one. I think it had a lot to do with that animation, which was a little too grey and dull. This movie definitely need more color and more interesting characters. I loved the characters Migo and Percy, but the other characters didn't add much to the movie ~shrugs. I was expecting Lebron James character to be and do more, but as big as his character was, he was a little forgettable. I wasn't a fan of Common voicing the Stonekeeper. All I kept seeing was Common every time the Stonekeeper spoke, it was kind of annoying...for me anyway. I did love the character Thorp (Stonekeeper's son), but his role was very small. He was definitely a character that needed more scenes as he has one of the most entertaining characters.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't dislike this movie, but it wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be. It has some funny moments courtesy of the characters Percy and Migo, with everything else falling just a little short. It's funny because this movie has a few song performances that were clearly unmemorable because I totally forgot about them until now...smh...oh well. This movie isn't bad, and I think the kids will still enjoy it. However, if I had to choose between this and The Clocks in the Wall, I think I would choose the latter...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment