Monday, May 21, 2018

Movies in Review: "Book Club"

I love a good chick flick, and it doesn't matter if it's of the geriatric kinda fun...lol. I don't know who I'm kidding, I'm no spring chicken, and I fit the target audience which were 80% female, and 88% over the age of 35 ~shrugs...lol. As this movie was released the same weekend as Deadpool 2, I'm sure this film likely wasn't on your radar, however I was very much looking forward to seeing it. I enjoyed the trailer, I found it very amusing, and I loved the actresses, although I do think if Meryl Streep would have been a nice pick to replace one of the actresses...ijs. I think my expectations were about average, I did expect a decent piece of entertainment, something I thought should be easy for this film to fulfill...

I was entertained...However, not as entertained as I hoped I would be. The film was cute and funny as I expected, but I still felt like I wanted a little bit more. The cast was great, with their own separate storylines. My least favorite character was Jane Fonda. Her storyline was a bit dull for me ~shrug. I loved the character Carol played by Mary Steenburgen as her story was more relatable and she felt the sincerest. Diane Keaton was everything and I wished her story excluded her daughters who were just annoying and took away from the magic she brought to the film. Candace Bergen was another one of my faves, but her story needed more screen time. I would have rather seen more development of her story and less of Jane Fonda's...meh.

Overall not a bad flick. You will definitely find yourself laughing, but by the end you may feel like you needed more time with these ladies. This is a great movie to see with your mom, or if you fit into this age group, make it a matinee or a girl's night. For the guys, I think you may also find a bit of entertainment, but may feel more comfortable watching it from the comfort of your home...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment