Monday, April 25, 2016

Movies in Review: "The Meddler"

This weekend was the limited release of this film in NY, so don't be too surprised that you haven't heard anything about it, neither did I. The only reason I came across it was because The Huntsman was the only major released movie this weekend, and I wasn't hearing too many great things about it, so I was on the hunt for something to substitute it. That's when I came across the trailer. Not really much going on in the trailer, but I was won over by Susan Sarandon and Rose Byrne, who I adore.

I left the theater with nothing but a smile on my face. There was something so heartfelt about the movie that makes it easy to relate. Susan Sarandon was a natural as Marnie, and absolutely hilarious with very little effort. Everyone in the cast was great, but it was definitely Sarandon who stole the show. It has been a while, but this movie had me all types of emotional. It's possible I did shed a tear at one part...lol. My favorite part of the story was between Sarandon's character Marnie, and J.K. Simmons character Zipper. These two were absolutely adorable together, so much so, I found myself crushing on Zipper. Seriously....I want me a Zipper! :(...lol

This is definitely more of a chick movie, something that would be great with a few girlfriends, or a date with your mother. Men will find it entertaining, but doesn't seem like the type of movie you would go see unless accompanied by a female. If this movie makes it in your area though, I definitely recommend you see it...A

No comments:

Post a Comment