Monday, April 25, 2016

Movies in Review: "The Huntsman: Winter's War"

Ok sooooooo, about this movie, the prequel to Snow White and the Huntsman...hmmmmmm...I wasn't a fan of the first movie, but when I saw the trailer for this second movie, I was a little excited. Since it was the prequel, I hoped it would be an improvement over the first and possibly have the first movie make more sense. Unfortunately that wasn't the case at all...

Winter's War actually had a decent opening weekend. I'm guessing people were hoping for the same thing I was, but instead was left with more confusion. This movie made little sense as the prequel to Snow White. They seemed like two different movies, but with some of the same actors as the original. I enjoyed the visuals, especially of Ravenna & Freya the 2 sisters, but what happened to the brother they introduced in the Snow White movie??? How far before the first Snow White movie was this one supposed to represent, because Snow White's name was brought up in this film as if she was already an adult. Ravenna definitely seemed more powerful in this film than the first, but there are some contradictions as to how the powers are achieved from this movie and the first. I was hoping this movie was going to be great, but not much about it impressed or made much sense. Kind of made the whole thing feel really unnecessary ~shrugs.


If you are hoping to be astounded, then don't look this way. Most of the movie honestly seemed to drag. If you watched the first and looking for this to be an introduction to the original, you will find yourself unfulfilled. I don't know why I expected this to be good...wishful thinking I guess...D+

No comments:

Post a Comment