Monday, April 18, 2016

Movies in Review: "Criminal"

I am a fan Kevin Costner, although his movie roles as of late were less than box office hits. However I don't blame Costner much because I usually enjoy his performance. I think people have given up on him though as an actor and aren't really breaking down any doors to catch him on the big screen ~shrugs. Although most of you probably wasn't checking for Criminal, it was on my radar to see. To be very honest, I thought the trailer was sketchy, but the cast was amazing, so I decided to take my chances.

I was right...the cast was great, but the movies was sketchy. The story was so rushed. A little background on each character would have been nice, and possibly more believable. Reynolds role was too short and then Costner took over. That whole process had me sucking my teeth because we are left forced to believe that this technology just works??? There was no background story on this process or Tommy Lee Jones character either. However performances were decent, but the writing left too many holes and unbelievable circumstances. This movie had almost everything it needed to be decent, but it failed to reach its potential.

Another Costner film that will hit the books as an epic fail. If you are a Costner fan, his performance won't let you down, but this is an action thriller that failed to really thrill amidst a montage on nonsense...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment