Monday, April 11, 2016

Movies in Review: "The Boss"

No one does a comedy like Melissa McCarthy does a comedy. I adore her in films because her comedic delivery is always on point. The trailer for this movie had me in stitches every time IT came on. This was on my must-see list early as I was ready for a good laugh. I had little doubt this movie would be less than what I expected...boy was a wrong...

I absolutely loved the opening scene. I laughed and felt that it set the tone for what was to come, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Melissa McCarthy was excellent, but the writing for this movie failed it miserably. It was so dull. I honestly fell asleep more than once on this movie...smh. It was so stupid. All the laughs I was prepared to get were unfortunately all shown in the trailer. This movie could have been great because McCarthy was on point, but nothing else about this movie was in place. The Girl Scout story line didn't really shine for the movie like it should have. It kind of got lost in the weak story line of McCarthy's nemesis Renault. I could have really done with less of that nonsense. I thought the girl scouts were funnier. ~shrugs


I left the theater more than disappointed on this one. I hate when I need a good laugh, but instead was only given and unexpected nap...smh. I seriously wish this movie would have been better...D+

No comments:

Post a Comment