Monday, April 18, 2016

Movies in Review: "Barbershop: The Next Cut"

Omg...Did anyone realize this is the 4th movie from this franchise which included the spin-off Beauty Shop. We haven't seen a Barbershop movie over 10yrs! I definitely was surprised when I first saw the trailer, as well as excited. I was happy to see most of the original cast returning, but disappointed that Michael Ealy wasn't one of them :(. However, the trailer for this new installment looked off the chain, and I was really looking forward to catching this one.

By far the best Barbershop movie to date. The laughs were bigger, the cast was better, and the story had a lot of heart. This one really touches on subjects in the media today, and struggles parents are facing. I was more than pleased with the writing and cast. I honestly could have done without Eve, but thank goodness her screen time was short...lol. I have to give it up for the cast in this film who kept the laughs rolling. Cedric the Entertainer was great as always, but the characters Jerrod and Dante were hilarious too. Oh and I can't forget about J.B. Smoove, who you know let his comedic chops flourish. Barbershop outdid themselves with this cast.

I enjoyed the other Barbershop movies, but this one has me giving it a standing ovation. I was expecting to enjoy it, but walked out of the theater with way more than that. If you like the other movies, like myself, you will love this one for sure...A

No comments:

Post a Comment