Monday, August 3, 2015

Movies in Review: "Vacation"

Ok so I never really watched any of the National Lampoon's Vacation movies. I may have watched a few scenes here and there from some of the movies, but I definitely never sat and watched any of the movies from beginning to end. I know this franchise has a huge following, and thought I may have been a little lost with this new installment. I don't think I cared much. The trailer looked hilarious, and I needed a laugh.

I laughed...admittedly a lot. It didn't seem as if it was necessary to see the older movies because this one seemed to be the same movie, now starring the adult kids ~shrugs. I thought Helms and Applegate were cute and funny together, although Helms didn't seem as naturally funny as he does in other movies. Their kids were honestly my favorite characters. They made me laugh the most. Their older son James Griswold makes the best facial expressions I have ever seen. His expressions teeter on being a bit too much, but they were fun for me. Their youngest son is just freakin hilarious...lol.

Although I laughed throughout, the story was lacking. There was something missing, making the plot feel mechanical. If you want a good laugh, there is definitely one to be had here. If you are looking for anything more than that, you might find yourself slightly disappointed...C+

No comments:

Post a Comment