Monday, August 24, 2015

Movies in Review: "American Ultra"

I am a Jesse Eisenberg fan, to the extent where I will go see anything he's starring in, including this nonsense. I have yet to see anything from Eisenberg that I didn't enjoy, so although this trailer had "Hell No" written all over it, I went to see it anyway. The story looked absolutely ridiculous, but I was sure I would find myself entertained. Well I was wrong...only about the entertained part...

This movie was definitely nonsense for anyone not high or coked up on something. The movie didn't start bad, but it did get progressively worse as the story went on. There was just way too much nonsense. Too many characters that didn't add any substance to the story. They had John Leguizamo acting like an idiot. I get he was supposed to add humor, but I didn't really find myself laughing...eh. Kristen Stewart isn't one of my favorite actresses, but I had no complaints about her in this movie. She and Eisenberg were kind cute together, and their story worked. It was everything else outside of them that was a mess. The assassin's trying to kill Mike Howell...stupid. Topher Grace was getting on my last nerve...ugh.

Who would make a movie like this and release it on the big screen. This movie felt like a straight to DVD movie. The type of movie you'd watch at home with your homeboys, drinking with the munchies...ya know. I wouldn't waste my money seeing this in the theater, there are better movies out...D

No comments:

Post a Comment