Monday, August 24, 2015

Movies in Review: "Grandma"

I enjoy getting a little extra time to spend watching more independent/limited release type films. In my research to find something to see, I came across the trailer for Grandma. I had actually found 3 movies I wanted to see, but this one intrigued me the most. It was Tomlin who really caught my attention and made my choice easy. I had a great feeling about this movie from this trailer, and I was in the mood to see something good.

Movie wasn't as great as I hoped it would be, and I'm not saying it was bad either. The story is very cute, and Tomlin was absolutely amazing in this role. She was everything I hoped she would be. I left the theater wishing I had a Grandma like her...lol. This movie had a refreshing feel about it, and a story that is centered around mothers and daughters, and relationships...fun. I enjoyed the story, but didn't really understand why the layout was setup in chapters. Usually this doesn't bother me, but in this movie it kinda seemed unnecessary. I laughed and smiled through most of the film, but still left the theater feeling like something was left unfinished.

I can't say I disliked this movie, I did enjoy it, but it was definitely missing something. I can't really say what that something is, but it was definitely something. Besides this, this movie is refreshing with great humor, making it a decent movie. It caters to the women. I don't think a man would be interested in seeing this on his own, not to say the men won't enjoy it, but ijs...B-

No comments:

Post a Comment