Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Movies in Review: "The Wedding Ringer"

As hilarious as I think Kevin Hart is doing stand-up, I kinda have a love/hate relationship when it comes to his movies. He can sometimes be too over the top, and ruin what could have been a fairly decent movie. I was hoping this would not be the case in The Wedding Ringer. It seemed with Josh Gad, and Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting would help to calm down his comedic antics, at least a bit...or at least I was hoping.

Wow...a far better performance from Hart than I expected. He was actually fun to watch. It felt like heart was in tune with his character and was acting instead of acting over the top. I thought he and Gad made for refreshing comedic partners. But there were so many great actors in the movie, Hart didn't get the opportunity to make a mockery of this movie. I was expecting the groomsmen to be funnier, but they were just eh :/. I don't know why Corey Holcomb keeps getting cast in movies, this dude is often far from funny. I loved the fro Jenifer Lewis was rocking, you know she always shines in any role she's in. I thought the movie was going to have more humor, but I think it had just enough to be both entertaining and funny, without losing the story. My favorite scene was definitely the football match...hilarious.

This one was a winner...for the most part. It was very cute and entertaining to watch. I enjoyed it more than I expected, although I felt a little jilted in the comedy area...just a little...B

No comments:

Post a Comment